Hello from Catholic Heart Workcamp! We’re thrilled you will be joining us on this journey of serving others and spreading the love of Christ. As a member of the clergy, your leadership and guidance is invaluable. We can’t wait to learn from you and work alongside you as we strive to make a positive impact on those around us.
Each camp will already have a designated chaplain in place when you arrive. Still, you are welcome to concelebrate Mass throughout the week and assist in leading adoration on Tuesday night. We will also be celebrating the Sacrament of Reconciliation on Wednesday evening and would be very grateful to any priests willing to hear confessions.
Catholic HEART Workcamp will provide all the necessary items needed to celebrate Mass. However, we ask that you please bring your own vestments.
The manager of the camp you are attending will be contacting you regarding specifics. Ideally, we will provide you with a private classroom for sleeping, but providing a private shower can be difficult. It all depends on the school and how much space we have available to use. You may want to consider reserving a hotel if you are not comfortable with the school setup available for your sleeping/shower arrangements. Unfortunately, CHWC cannot cover the cost of a hotel.
Letters of Suitability
In order to attend camp, all priests/deacons must submit a “Letter of Suitability” to both CHWC and the diocese you are entering. Those whose Letters of Suitability have not been verified prior to Catholic HEART Workcamp will not be able to assist with Mass/administer the Sacraments. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Instructions for Submission: Please complete by May 1st!
1. Select your camp from the drop-down below and print out the corresponding Chancellor Information Letter.
- Billings, MT
- Charleston, SC
- Cincinnati, OH
- Dover, DE
- Drexel Hill, PA
- Greensboro, NC
- Huntingburg, IN
- Kansas City, KS
- Knoxville, TN
- Louisville, KY
- Marshalltown, IA
- Montague, MI
- Morganton, NC
- Nashville, TN
- New Castle, PA
- Newton, NJ (Prev. Boston, MA)
- North Haledon, NJ
- Richmond, VA
- Steubenville, OH
2. Contact the Chancellor of your diocese and request a Letter of Suitability.
3. Send the completed Chancellor Information Letter along with your Letter of Suitability to the Diocese you will be entering. (The mailing address can be found at the top of your camp’s Chancellor Information Letter).
4. Upload a copy of your Letter of Suitability to CHWC. (Please do not e-mail or mail letters to CHWC).
Discounts for Priests will be applied upon receiving their letter of suitability.