- Not waste the food purchased with your registration fee.
- Appreciate the freedom to pick up or order food anytime you are hungry at home.
- Feel more empathy for the people who are less fortunate.
- Experience the joy of sacrifice.
Allergies and Accommodation: Catholic HEART Workcamp is sensitive to people with dietary needs. Due to the large number of people with different needs as well as liability guidelines, we cannot be responsible for packing lunches for allergies/dietary concerns, including peanut, gluten, vegetarian, etc.
We offer options for vegetarians, but if a camper requires a special diet, they are required to bring their own food or supplement what their diet requires.
- Upon arriving at camp, we asked that they please let the kitchen manager know their requirements.
- If their diet requires them to bring their own food or to supplement, CHWC will provide a space in the refrigerator for them to store their food. This space is to be used only for food for those with allergies (not youth group snacks).
- Due to liability and restrictions at the school kitchen facility, CHWC does not permit any campers to cook or have access to the ovens. They are welcome to use a microwave if one is available. Only adults are permitted in the kitchen. Each group must designate an adult (21 years or older) to be responsible for coordinating the camper’s needs.
- If they do NOT bring their own food for lunches, the CHWC Kitchen Manager will designate a staff member to oversee packing lunches for those with common allergies/dietary concerns: peanuts, gluten, vegetarian, etc. An adult from your youth group must be responsible for packing these lunches for the week. We do provide meat, cheese, Uncrustables (prepackaged PB&J), and bread. The lunches will be stored in the refrigerator, clearly marked with their name and team number.